Summa Akron City Hospital, Summa St. Thomas or Summa Rehab Hospital, a partnership with Vibra Healthcare
Each year, more than 600 dedicated individuals donate their time, effort and talent to improve our patients’ experience. We invite you to consider joining our volunteer team and give back to your community in a positive way!
Summa takes pride in offering you unique volunteer opportunities to capture your varied service interests . We offer both adult and teen volunteer opportunities with a variety of tasks, scheduling options and skill requirements available.
A few exciting opportunities awaiting you may include:
- Comforting patients
- Delivering flowers
- Assisting with creative activities (such as: games, crafts, etc.)
- Reading to patients
- Greeting visitors
- Providing clerical support
- And many more!
See a list of our current volunteer openings!
To become an adult volunteer, you will need to:
- Apply online or print our application and mail it to Summa Health System, Attn: Volunteer Services Department, 525 E. Market Street, Akron, OH 44304
- Complete an in-person interview
- Fulfill health and immunization requirements
- Complete a background check and personal reference screening
- Attend a 3 hour volunteer hospital orientation
For more information about volunteering, give us a call at (330) 375-3928 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll find Summa's volunteer experience a rich and rewarding way to spend your free time while forging valuable new friendships.
Please note: If you are interested in an internship or shadowing opportunity at Summa Health System, do not complete this application form. Please contact Kimberly Moss, Workforce Development Specialist at (330) 375-6263 or email@example.com to request a Workforce Development Application.
Make a difference at one of northeast Ohio’s leading healthcare facilities. Volunteer today!
Learn more about specific volunteer programs offered at Summa Akron City, Summa St. Thomas Hospital and Summa Rehab Hospital: